Limerick Elementary School
81 Limerick Center Road, Royersford, PA 19468-1303
Mitchel Edmunds, Principal
Doors Open: 8:45 AM
Classes: 9:00 AM - 3:40 PM
AM: 9:00 AM - 11:40 AM
PM: 1:00 PM - 3:40 PM
THEME FOR 2016 - 2017
2016 - 2017 PSSA TESTING DATES GRADES 3 & 4
English Language Arts April 3- 6, 2017 Grades 3 - 8
Mathematics April 24 - 26, 2017 Grades 3 - 8
Science May 2 - 3, 2017 Grades 4 & 8
PSSA SPIRIT COLORS:
Monday, April 3 - blue/calm & confident
Tuesday, April 4 - green/relaxed & doing our best
Wednesday, April 5 - orange or yellow look how brightly we shine
Thursday, April 6 - red/energetic & determined
Monday, April 24 - white/making a fresh start
Tuesday, April 25 - gray/strength & persistence
Wednesday, April 26 - pink or purple/we are wise
BINGO BOOK READING INCENTIVE
Book Bingo Reading Incentive
Let’s have some fun and read a variety of books with Book Bingo!!
ALL Limerick students are invited to participate.
Book Bingo will run from March 1 through April 30. Bingo sheets will not be
accepted after May 1.
How does Book Bingo work?
• Read a variety of titles that fit descriptions on the Bingo card to complete an entire row – up and down, across, or diagonally – for Bingo. (Parents may read to kindergarten and 1st grade students.)
• Color in the square when you complete the task. You are on your honor to read books before adding them to your Bingo card. The books must be something you have never read before, unless that is the request on the Bingo card.
• On the back of the Bingo card, write the title, the date you completed the book, the number of pages in the book, and have your parent/guardian sign.
• Hand in your Bingo card to Mrs. Hess for your reward and to get a new Bingo card.
What are the rewards?
• Individual rewards: BOOK CHARMS
o Grades K-2: You will be awarded one book charm for each Bingo card completed.
o Grades 3-4: You will be awarded two book charms for each Bingo card completed if you read all books from the 3rd and 4th grade shelves.
• Grade Level competition: The grade level that reads the most pages will win 30 minutes of fun in the gym! Students who participated in Book Bingo will be invited to play the games.
Please feel free to contact me with questions. Have a great time reading!
Limerick Media Center
Looking for ways to strengthen your connection with your children?
Uncertain how to respond when your child expresses strong feelings of frustration, anxiety, or anger?
Seeking to foster self-confidence, independence, and problem-solving skills in your children?
Then this workshop is designed for you!
Wednesday, May 3rd —Limerick Media Center
6:00 PM — 7:00 PM
Please sign up via Sign Up Genius if you are able to attend by Friday, April 28th. Link for registration: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4bafa92aaafe3-school
ATTENTION 4th grade families, attached is the April Edition of the Transition Times. Also,MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR YOUR PARENT ORIENTATION AND PARENT TOUR OF THE 5/6 CENTER: **Thursday, June 1st** 7:00 P.M.
This will be held in the 5/6 CENTER CAFETORIUM — Parents Only Please!
SPRING-FORD SUMMER BAND LESSONS
Summer band lessons are being offered for Spring-Ford students currently in 4th - 12th grades who currently play a band instrument (woodwinds, brass and percussion) or desires to start a new band instrument (guitar and piano are not available). Lessons will run June 28th through July 27th at SF's 7th Grade Center's Music Rooms. Please click here for further information.
Due to a change in the PA State Child Protective Services Law, there are clearance requirements for all volunteers who would like to assist in a classroom, the library, school store, go on field trips or assist with building activities/events. Please click on Volunteer Information on the district's homepage for additional information regarding the requirements and clearances you need to obtain before volunteering. Just a reminder that all volunteers must fill out an Annual Volunteer Registration and Disclosure Statement (and a TB Questionnaire if needed) each school year. Please click here for the form(s). Thank you.